- Organize your notes, tests, etc. as soon as possible
- Review notes, tests, quizzes and papers
- Ask for help from teachers and classmates.
- Time Management – Plan, plan plan. Make a schedule on how much time to spend studying. Prioritize which tests you need to study for.
- Take breaks: 50-10 rule: Study 50 minutes, rest for 10 minutes (or your own schedule)
- Form small group study sessions that do NOT include close friends
- Use study guides from teachers and make your own if necessary
- Create a short study guide/ cheat sheet to review before the night of the final
- Listen to clues the teacher give you to get ready for the test and know all material that the test will cover
- Get enough sleep; 7 to 9 hours the night before the test
- Don’t go into the exam with an empty stomach. Have a good breakfast.
- Finish all your homework assignments to improve your quarter grade
- Calculate the grade you need to get on the final
- Relax and stay calm
TAKING THE TEST
- Use all of your time and recheck answers
- Read the directions carefully
- If you don’t know the answer look for it in another question
- If you can’t find the answer in the question, mark it and move on
- Answer all of the questions and use your time wisely